I never enjoyed a turkey club until about 7-8 years ago. I made a bunch of them during my time at Steak n’ Shake and just never got the concept, mostly because it had tomato and mayo on it, and I was not a fan of either. Fast forward years later, and I’m OK-ish with mayo, as long as it is cut with the right ingredients. In this recipe, I wanted to make a triple decker T-club with a spicy mayo. Yes, I left the tomato slices out, but add them in on your own if you so incline.
One of the best things about this sandwich is that it is simple to compile and make. The only “cooking” comes from making bacon. Make the bacon however you want, and let’s get this together.
First up, photos:
- 3 Slices white bread, toasted
- 1-2 slice(s) American cheese
- 1-2 slice(s) swiss cheese
- Deli turkey meat
- 3-4 slices romaine lettuce
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- Mayo (or spicy mayo)
- Sandwich should be layered as follows from the bottom to the top: Toast, mayo, American cheese, lettuce leaf, turkey, bacon, Swiss, toast, mayo, American cheese, lettuce, turkey, bacon, Swiss, mayo, toast.
- If you are don’t want the extra cheese, try to keep the cheese next to the bread to help keep it together while eating.
- Put a toothpick along each long edge.
- Cut in to four triangles by going corner to corner.
- Push the toothpicks through as you pull the sandwich apart.
- Plate as you like.